It is such a pain in the ass when you have to rely on other people to be competent. GOD. :)
So, I spent the week trying not to go completely twirly. I may try a "fic-finishing" day tomorrow, under the ebil influence of amichevole . Or possibly go shoe-shopping and getting-hair-done-ing. I am capricious like that.
So for now, I'm stealing this meme from bluerosefairy :
-Choose a random quote from each one of your favorite ships.
- Your friends now must guess the ship that each quote refers to. NO GOOGLING. Cheat if it's REALLY that important to you.
- Edit to add the answer when someone gets it right
1."The most powerful person in your life is the one that knows all your secrets and all your lies, and has the power to lift you up or rip out your guts. It's even scarier if she knows your truths."
2. "At least this way, something good can come out of it, you know? It's like my life can mean something!" "And it didn't before? Have you got that low an opinion of yourself? Are you that screwed in the head?"
3. "I love my wife." "And I love [my girlfriend]. But I just like you...a bit...better." "Well, I...I love my wife."
4. "I have to tell you the truth... I love you. *pause* Say something." "Well, you picked a great time to tell me."
5. "Hey, [***], who's your favorite writer?" "[*****]." "Ha, I mean your favorite fiction writer."
6. "So, I saw this guy...at my video store?" "Yeah." "And I was thinking." "What?" "That I wouldn't trade the last ten years working with you for anything...not for anything, [*****], I swear to god."
7. "[****], I believe you're enjoying all this." "Indeed, [****]. I've never seen him look so happy." "SHUT UP. " *pause* "Well, whaddya know? I finally got the last word."
8. "It's done." "Look in the drawer. Flames wouldn't be eternal if they actually consumed anything. But it means something that you tried."
9." Is this the master plan? You're gonna stop me by telling me ya love me?" "Well, I was going to walk you off a cliff and hand you an anvil, but, eh, it seemed kinda cartoony."
10. "Is that modulated enough for you?" "Whuh?" "Or is it just the galaxy, giggling at us again?" "Well, it can giggle all it wants. But the galaxy's not getting any of our bourbon!"
Charles "Trip" Tucker and Malcolm Reed, Star Trek: Enterprise.
11. "Don't freak out, it really is me. It's gonna be okay, I've been to [****]. I know where it is, and I'm gonna take us there."
Lee Adama and Kara Threace, Battlestar Galactica.
12. "I feel like I'm the keeper of this exotic animal, and I spend my time either protecting you from the world or the world from you. And it's just—it's a lot of responsibility." "I'm sorry. But that's your job. [Kiss on the cheek] And you cannot quit." "Okay."
13. "Trust no one, my friend, no one. Not your most grateful freedman. Not your most intimate friend. Not your dearest child. Not the wife of your bosom. Trust no one."
14. "You think this is your fault?" "It is." "Well, then go ahead... and don't worry about us, we'll solve this case without you."David Rossi and Aaron Hotchner, Criminal Minds.
15. "That's just like you. Even now, you're protecting her. I thought that was the point of having people who care about you in your life... to have someone to talk to when you're scared."
16. "Known you all this time, and never knew you could sew." "Well, our relationship hasn't been exactly domestic, has it?"
17. "I can't go back. Don't make me go back."